Author: Jody Kirkley
We love vinegar and sea salt potato chips. We also like cashews so we tried to combine both. We think it turned out pretty well.
1 cup, raw cashews
1/4 cup, il Fustino Head Ancho vinegar
1/4 cup, il Fustino Kaffir Lime Vinegar
1 tablespoon, il Fustino Arbequina EVOO – or equivalent
1 teaspoon, sea salt
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a pot, combine all ingredients and over medium heat bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Remove cashews with a slotted spoon and place in a single layer on a cookie sheet covered with non-stick foil.
- Bake for 10 minutes turning once.
- Let cool.
- Cashews can be kept in a covered container for a week.
Author: James Kirkley
This coleslaw is made with a tangy vinegar dressing, ancho chili vinegar, celery seed, and other seasonings. Delicious with pulled pork or barbecue ribs!
1 large head, cabbage – finely shredded
1 medium, bell pepper – finely chopped
1/2 medium, red onion – finely chopped
2 medium, jalapeño pepper – seeded and chopped
2 carrots – grated (optional)
2 teaspoons, salt
1/2 teaspoon, freshly ground black pepper
2/3 cup, il Fustino Avocado Oil
1 teaspoon, dry mustard
1 teaspoon, celery seed
3/4 cup, il Fustino Head Ancho Chili Vinegar
- Combine coleslaw vegetable ingredients; chopped cabbage, chopped bell pepper, chopped onion, jalapeño and grated carrots in a large serving bowl.
- In a mason jar, combine salt, avocado oil, dry mustard, celery seed and ancho vinegar. Shake vigorously to combine.
- Pour dressing over vegetable ingredients. Toss to combine. Cover and refrigerate until thoroughly chilled.