Author: Leslie (The Accidental Chef) Thomas
2 large peaches, ripe but firm – sliced evenly in half
1/2 teaspoon, il Fustino Avocado Oil
3 tablespoons, il Fustino Blackberry Balsamic – divided
pinch, finely ground salt
handful, pecan pieces – (optional)
salad fixings (for savory version) – (optional)
1 scoop, ice cream (for sweet version) – (optional)
1 sprig, julienned mint – (optional)
- Cut fruit in half as evenly as possible & remove pit. Use peaches with quick release pit. Yellow peaches are more colorful.
- Heat ridged grill pan on medium.
- MIx oil, 1 Tbsp balsamic, & salt in small cup & brush cut side of fruit.
- When grill is hot, place fruit cut side down in middle. Brush back side.
- When nice grill marks appear (max 3 minutes), flip for another 3 minutes. Meanwhile, heat remaining 2 Tbsp balsamic in tiny saucepan on low, just until slightly thickened.
- When backside of fruit done, if quarters are desired then cut, baste, & flip on uncooked side for final 3 minutes. Remove balsamic reduction if ready.
- Remove both pans from heat & immediately baste peach with reduction, drizzle on plate & add nuts if a snack or for breakfast. Drizzle on lettuce if making savory version. Drizzle on ice cream if making a sweet version.