Author: Laura S. Kirkley
2 tablespoons, cornstarch
1/4 cup, sugar
1/2 teaspoon, salt
1 medium, egg
2 cups, milk
1 tablespoon, butter
1 teaspoon, vanilla
- In a large saucepan, blend together the cornstarch, sugar and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg and add in the milk. Stir into cornstarch mixture.
- Cook over medium heat until it thickens but be sure to stir it the entire time. Constant stirring will ensure that it does not burn.
- Once it thickens, continue to cook and stir for an additional minute. Mixture should be at a slow rolling boil during this time.
- Remove from heat and add butter and vanilla. Blend well until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into a large or individual serving size dishes.
- Pudding will take approximately four hours to set up at room temperature or two hours in refrigerator.
Pudding is traditionally served at room temperature. Serve with ZerGoot Raspberry Syrup. Garnish with several fresh raspberries and a waffle cookie.