1 tablespoon, il Fustino Extra Virgin olive oil
1 large, onion – sliced
1 garlic clove – finely chopped
1 pound, tomatoes
1 pound, zucchini
1 teaspoon, herbes de Provence
2 tablespoons, parmesan cheese – grated
salt – to taste
freshly ground black pepper – to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat oil in a heavy saucepan over low heat and cool the onion and garlic for about 20 minutes until soft and golden.
- Spread over the base of a 12 inch shallow baking dish.
- Cut tomatoes crosswise into 1/4 inch thick slices. If the tomatoes are large, cut the slices in half.
- Cut the zucchini diagonally into slices about 1/2 inch thick.
- Arrange alternating rows of zucchini and tomatoes over the onion mixture and sprinkle with herbs, drizzle with extra olive oil, then bake for 25 minutes or more until vegetables are tender.
- Serve hot or warm.