Author: Laura S. Kirkley
This is a great way to use leftover chicken or turkey.
Serve with a simple green salad.
1 pound, pasta – cooked and drained
2 tablespoons, il Fustino extra virgin olive oil
1 medium, yellow onion – chopped
1 small can, sliced button mushrooms or 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms sliced – drained
4 cloves, garlic – minced
1/2 cup, white wine
1 can, cream of mushroom soup
3 sprigs, fresh thyme
1 cup, sour cream
1 pound, turkey or chicken – shredded
1 cup, frozen peas – thawed (optional)
1/2 cup, breadcrumbs – preferably panko
1/2 cup, Parmesan cheese – shredded
salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare pasta according to directions.
- On stovetop heat olive oil over medium heat
- Add onions and mushrooms. Saute until onions and mushrooms are browned
- Add garlic and continue cooking for 30 seconds
- Add white wine and reduce to half
- Add mushroom soup, thyme and sour cream, heat until bubbling
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and remove thyme stems.
- Fold in pasta, meat and peas if using.
- Spoon mixture into buttered 9X13 inch baking pan
- Sprinkle with breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese. Drizzle with a bit more olive oil.
- Bake in 350 degree preheated oven until bubbling and a top crust has formed, 20 to 30 minutes
The pasta you use can be spaghetti, linguine, penne, even macaroni works.