A wonderful ending to a meal as a desert.
1 cup, Mascarpone cheese
1 cup, pear puree (from fresh or roasted pears)
3 tablespoons, pears – diced small
2 tablespoons, pancetta – finely diced
2 tablespoons, shallots – finely minced
1 tablespoon, gorgonzola cheese
1 cup, cream
pecans or walnuts – finely chopped for garnish
- For filling: combine mascarpone, pear puree, and egg together in a bowl. Adjust seasonings with salt and sugar.
- For sauce: Cook pancetta over low fire until almost crisp.
- Sweat briefly the shallots with the oil from the pancetta, then add the diced pears and saute until almost tender (a couple of minutes).
- Combine pancetta with the pears and shallots in a small skillet or saucepan.
- Add cream, bring to a boil, then remove from heat and set aside.
- To finish: Fill ravioli with cheese, pear puree and egg mixture. Form ravioli to your preferred size and shape.
- Place an appropriate amount of sauce in a suitable skillet, and set over low fire, then cook the ravioli in boiling salted water (one to three minutes). Remove and drain the ravioli.
- Turn the ravioli into the sauce, toss or stir to combine, and turn out onto the serving platter. Garnish with chopped walnuts.
Courtesy Chef John Fernandez