Author: Laura S. Kirkley
1 cup, milk
2 ounces, semisweet chocolate chips
1 stick, cinnamon stick
2 large, whole eggs
2 large, egg yolks
4 tablespoons, sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Combine chocolate, milk, and cinnamon stick in medium pot, over medium heat stirring occasionally until chocolate is dissolved.
- Whisk the whole eggs, egg yolks and sugar until slightly frothy. Gradually whisk in the chocolate milk. Remove cinnamon.
- Pour the chocolate custard carefully into custard cups and place them in a roasting pan of hand-hot water until water reaches up to half the height of cup.
- Place the roasting pan in the oven and bake the custards until just slightly wobbly in the center, about 20 minutes. Cool at room temperature and refrigerate for several hours or overnight before serving.
Do not allow custard to over-cook or it will form a tough skin on top. If the oven temperature is too high, it will cause the custard to boil and spoil the texture. Garnish with Frangelico Chantily Cream, yum!