A powerful and sweet lemon liqueur you can make yourself. Easy to make, hard to wait for.
Serves: 2 liters
10 lemons, unwaxed – peeled
1 liter, Everclear
4 cups, water
2 cups, sugar
- Place the lemon peels in a large glass jar with a cover. Pour in Everclear. Put on lid. Let rest in a cool dark place for at least a week. Periodically shake the liquid.
- Mix sugar and water in a pot. Bring to a boil. Let cool.
- Strain lemon liquor, removing peels. Add syrup to taste. About 2 parts syrup to 1 part liquor.
- Pour into stoppered bottles. Store in a cool dark place for approximately 6 months.
- Once open, store in the freezer.