Author: Chef James R. Kirkley, IV
1/2 cube, beef bouillon
1/4 cup, mayonnaise
2 teaspoons, Siracha
salt and freshly ground pepper
1 tablespoon, il Fustino Mission EVOO
1 medium, onion – thinly sliced
2 teaspoons, cider vinegar
12 slices, bacon
2 tablespoons, unsalted butter – softened
8 slices, white sandwich bread
1/2 pound, sharp cheddar cheese – cut into 4 slices
3 ounces, cheddar cheese curds
- In a small bowl, mash the bouillon cube into 2 teaspoons of hot water until dissolved. Whisk in the mayonnaise and Siracha and season with salt and pepper.
- In a medium skillet, heat the oil. Add the onion, cover and cook over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until golden brown and softened, about 10 minutes. Stir in vinegar and season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, in another skillet, cook the bacon over moderate heat, turning once, until crisp, about 6 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
- Set griddle over two burners and turn the heat to medium. (Sandwiches can also be done one at a time in a pan or on a Panini maker.) Butter the bread slices on 1 side. Spread the other side of 4 bread slices with spicy mayonnaise and top with the onion, cheddar, cheese curds, and bacon. Close the sandwiches buttered side out and griddle over moderately low heat until crisp, about four minutes per side.
- Cut Sandwich in half and serve