Author: Revised: Laura S. Kirkley
We have not found a better recipe for Chili Verde
Big White bowl with a spoon of sour cream in the center. Wrap corn tortillas in damp paper towels and microwave for 30 seconds.
3 lbs, boneless pork – cubed – 1/2 inch
3 Tablespoons, il Fustino Avocado Oil
3 stalks, celery – chopped
2 medium, tomatoes (2 cans, 14.5 oz diced) – diced
2 7oz cans, green chiles (roasted, peeled & seeded) – chopped
8 cloves, garlic – peeled & crushed
2 14 oz. cans, chicken stock
salt to taste
Salsa Jalapeno (optional) – Mrs. Renfros Green Jalapeno Salsa (Hot) Preferred
- Brown the pork in the avocado oil, doing so in 3 batches. Use a large heavy pot so the meat will brown evenly
- When each batch is browned remove from pot to a clean bowl using a slotted spoon
- When last batch of pork is browned and removed from pot remove oil until you have approximately 4 to 5 tablespoons, return to medium heat and add garlic, brown for 30 seconds
- Add chicken broth and deglaze bottom of pot
- Add celery, tomatoes, green chili, and return pork with juices to pot
- Once this mixtures has come to a boil reduce heat to low, cover and allow to gently simmer for 1 1/2 to 2 hours. At this point the pork will be very tender.
- About 20 minutes before serving adjust salt
- If you choose to use a Jalapeno Salsa, also add 20 minutes before serving, Please add in very small amounts until you reach desired level of heat.
- Garnish with generous dollop of sour cream