1 pound, Fresh Brussel Sprouts – halved lengthwise
6 cloves, Garlic – finely chopped
2 tablespoons, Butter
1 tablespoon, Olive oil
1/2 cup, vegetable broth
salt and pepper – to taste
- In a large non-stick frying pan, melt butter and add olive oil.
- Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Lay brussel sprouts in pan face side down. There should be enough to cover the bottom of the pan but no more.
- Fry sprouts for 1 or 2 minutes but do not let the garlic get brown.
- Add about 1/3 cup of vegetable broth and cover for 5 minutes.
- Remove cover and reduce liquid completely. Let sprouts brown. DO NOT MOVE THEM OR SHAKE THEM.
- When spouts are brown and almost burning. Add remaining vegetable broth and reduce again.
- Serve immediately.