Author: Leslie (The Accidental Chef) Thomas
Serve with croutons made with il Fustino Misson Olive Oil and il Fustino Spicy Italian Herbs.
3 tablespoons, raw cashews – soaked in water at outset
2 pounds, green zucchini – chopped
1 large, Vidalia onion – chopped small
4 cloves, garlic – minced
3 cups, low sodium vegetable broth
1/4 teaspoon, freshly ground pepper
1/2 teaspoon, salt (if broth low salt)
1/3 cup, fresh basil leaves, packed down, plus extra
2 tablespoons, nutritional yeast (for cheesy flavor)
2 tablespoons, il Fustino Basil Olive Oil
1 14-ounce can, Cannellini beans – rinsed & drained
drizzles of, il Fustino Aged Balsamic
- Soak cashews in water when starting recipe.
- Cook onion in a large saucepan for 5-10 minutes, until softened. Add garlic & cook for another minute.
- Stir in the chopped zucchini, & cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
- Add the broth, pepper, & salt; simmer until zucchini is tender, about 15 minutes
- Pour into a blender (in 2 batches, don’t fill more than halfway). Then add the rinsed/drained cashews, basil leaves, basil oil, nutritional yeast & blend until smooth. Taste for salt.
- Return blended soup to the pot on low heat, add beans; pour into bowls when beans are warmed
- Drizzle Aged Balsamic over the top of each bowl & decorate with a few extra basil leaves.