James and Jody invented this on a fishing trip in the Sierras. Necessity is the mother of invention.
2 large, onions – peeled and quartered
1 tablespoon, kosher salt
2 teaspoons, black peppercorns – whole
2 teaspoons, lemon pepper
il Fustino Tuscan Blend EVOO
- Blend dry ingredients
- Cut sections of aluminum foil approximately 10″ X 10″
- Place onion on foil and make a small bowl
- Sprinkle good pinch of dry mixture on onion, 1 teaspoon of worcestershire and a good drizzle of olive oil. Wrap foil around onion tightly.
- If cooking in oven place on baking sheet and cook for 40 minutes at 400 degrees.
- If cooking on grill, place on grill and turn occasionally. Remove after 25 minutes and let rest.