Author: Jim and Laura Kirkley
From Jimmy’s Tavern and Grill in Burlington MA. We ate this then went home and tried to duplicate it. We think we did a good job. If you cannot find Haddock, you can order it from Santa Monica Seafood or substitute Pacific Cod.
4 Haddock filet
1 green pepper – diced fine
1 medium, onion – diced fine
2 stalks, celery – diced fine, ribs removed
1 cup, panko bread crumbs
1/2 cup, butter
garlic salt and pepper – to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degress. Position rack in the middle of oven.
- In a medium non-stick saute pan, over medium heat, melt butter and add green pepper, onion, and celery.
- Cook until onion is translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Off heat add panko and mix to combine. Add garlic salt and pepper. Mixture should be fairly salty.
- Lay filet on a cookie sheet covered with non-stick foil.
- Layer on bread crumb mixture and press down gently with the back of a spatula until all filets are covered.
- Bake about 20 – 25 minutes until bread crumb mixture is nicely browned.
- Remove and serve immediately. Pass lemon wedges separately.