Author: Chef James R. Kirkley, IV
I always blanch the beans in salted water with, at least, six cloves of garlic before grilling. The remainder of the recipe can be done outside on the grill or inside in the oven.
1 pound, fresh French Green Beans (Haricot Verts)
il Fustino Mission EVOO
6 cloves, garlic – coarsely chopped
Kosher salt & freshly ground pepper
3/4 pound, quality bacon
- Fry bacon over medium heat in a large pan just until bacon is done but still very pliable, remove from pan to paper towels
- Blanch beans and garlic in boiling water for 3 minutes.
- Toss with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Think salad for proportions.
- Bundle about 6 beans and wrap with bacon, you may secure bundle with a toothpick or tie with Kitchen String
- Grill or broil until sizzling, serve immediately
- Oven method: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Once beans have been bundled, place in a roasting pan and bake for 10 to 15 minutes. Serve immediately.