Rustic French farmhouse style tart is easy as pie
2 pounds, medium cooking apples – peeled, quartered and cored
1 tablespoon, lemon juice
1/4 cup, superfine sugar
4 tablespoons, butter
1 prepared pie crust
- Cut each cooking apple quarter lengthwise into two or three slices. Sprinkle with lemon juice and sugar. Toss to combine.
- Melt butter in a large heavy frying pan over medium heat and add the apples. Cook stirring frequently, for about 12 minutes until the apples are just golden brown. Remove the frying pan from the heat and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place prepared pie crust on a baking sheet.
- Spoon apples onto the pastry round, heaping them up, and leaving a 2 inch border all around the edge.
- Turn up the pastry border and gather it around the apples to enclose the outside apples.
- Bake the tart for 35 to 40 minutes until the pastry is crisp and browned.
- Serve warm, with whipped cream.