8 medium, ripe tomatoes – thickly sliced
1/2 teaspoon, salt
1 tablespoon, il Fustino aged balsamic vinegar
1 cup, fresh bread crumbs
1 large, garlic clove – minced
1 1/2 tablespoons, fresh thyme – chopped
1/4 teaspoon, fresh ground black pepper
1 tablespoon, il Fustino Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Lightly oil a shallow 2 quart baking dish.
- Arrange tomato slices, slightly overlapping, in prepared dish.
- Season with ¼ tsp salt and sprinkle with vinegar.
- In a small bowl, combine breadcrumbs, garlic, thyme, pepper and remaining ¼ tsp salt.
- Sprinkle crumb mixture over tomatoes and drizzle with oil.
- Bake tomatoes for 30 to 35 minutes, or until tomatoes are tender and the breadcrumbs are crisp and golden.
- Best served hot but good at room temperature.