Much easier than making it on top of the stove.
1 each, eggplant – cubed – 1/2 inch
1 head, garlic – broken into cloves
1 large, onion – chopped coarsely
4 medium, zucchini – cubed – 1/2 inch
4 tablespoons, parsley – chopped
2 cans, tomato – cut 1/2 inch pieces
12 sprigs, fresh thyme
1 teaspoon, dry oregano
2 teaspoons, sugar
extra virgin olive oil
fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425.
- In a large roasting pan add eggplant, onion and garlic. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil to lightly coat.
- Toss. Season liberally with kosher salt and black pepper, add thyme.
- Place in oven for 20 minutes. Toss occasionally.
- Add zucchini and roast for 10 minutes.
- Add canned tomatoes with liquid and sugar and a bit more salt. Add oregano. Reduce heat to 375 degrees.
- Let roast for 15 – 20 more minutes continuing to toss occasionally. When liquid is mostly gone it is ready to serve. Add parsley and toss.