2 large, potatoes – peeled and cut into 3/8″ cubes
2 tablespoons, il Fustino Arbequina EVOO
1 teaspoon, il Fustino white Truffle Oil
1 tablespoon, butter
3 cloves, garlic – peeled
1/4 cup, fresh p1arsley leaves
1 teaspoon, il Fustino Truffle Salt
1 teaspoon, pepper – freshly ground
- After cubing potatoes place in a sieve and rinse well. Place in a bowl with cool water to cover until ready to cook.
- In a large non-stick skillet heat the olive oil and butter. Drain the potatoes, pat dry with a paper towel and add to the oil and butter.
- Saute over medium-high heat for 12 to 14 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the potatoes are browned on all sides.
- Meanwhile chop the garlic and parsley together until finely minced, set mixture aside. (This is a persillade.)
- Add the salt, pepper and persillade to the potatoes in the skillet, tossing to combine.
- Serve immediately.
This potatoes are a standard item on most Bistro menus. Cut into little cubes they can be sauteed in just a few minutes. They are best served immediately after cooking; if cooked ahead, they soften and lose the exterior crispness that contrasts so well with their soft interior.