Especially delicious served over polenta
1/4 cup, il Fustino EVOO (Tuscan Blend preferred)
1 each, eggplant – cubed – 1/2 inch
1 head, garlic – broken into cloves
1 large, onion – chopped coarsely
4 medium, zucchini – cubed – 1/2 inch
3 cups, mushrooms – cut in half
1 red pepper – coarsely chopped
4 tablespoons, parsley – chopped
28 ounces, canned tomatoes – coarsely chopped
12 sprigs, fresh thyme
1 teaspoon, dry oregano
2 teaspoons, sugar
extra virgin olive oil
fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425.
- In a large roasting pan add eggplant, onion and garlic. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil to lightly coat.
- Toss. Season liberally with kosher salt and black pepper.
- Place in oven for 20 minutes. Toss occasionally.
- Add zucchini, pepper and mushrooms, a bit more salt and pepper and roast for 10 minutes.
- Add canned tomatoes with liquid and sugar and a bit more salt.
- Let roast for 15 – 20 more minutes continuing to toss occasionally. When liquid is mostly gone it is ready to serve.