Author: Jody Kirkley
Recipe courtesy of Giada De Laurentiis
2 tablespoons, il Fustino Mission extra virgin olive oil
1 medium, onion – peeled and chopped
2 carrots – peeled and chopped
2 cloves, garlic – chopped
1 15 ounce can, butter beans – drained and rinsed
2 15 ounce cans, chopped tomatoes
2 15 ounce cans, chicken broth
1 bay leaf
1 sprig of rosemary
1 teaspoon, fresh rosemary – finely chopped
1/2 teaspoon, red pepper flakes
3/4 teaspoon, kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon, freshly ground black pepper
zest of one lemon
2/3 cup, creme fraiche
- In a large soup pot, heat olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion, carrots, and garlic and cook until the vegetables are tender, about 4 minutes.
- Add the beans, tomatoes, broth, bay leaf, rosemary sprig, and red pepper flakes.
- Bring the soup to a boil over high heat, then reduce the heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes, covered.
- Puree the soup in a blender in batches, or with a blending wand, being careful to remove the rosemary sprig and the bay leaf.
- Return the soup to the pot and keep warm over low heat.
- Season with the salt and pepper to taste.
- In a medium bowl, fold the lemon zest and the chopped rosemary into the creme fraiche.
- To serve, ladle the soup into bowls and dollop each bowl with the lemon rosemary creme fraiche.
- Serve immediately.