Author: Jim Kirkley
2 hearts, romaine lettuce – halved
6 tablespoons, il Fustino Arbequina EVOO
kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
4 tablespoons, Parmesan cheese – grated
il Fustino 25 Year Old Balsamic Vinegar (Optional but highly recommended.)
- Trim lettuce hearts by discarding outside leaves.
- Cut each heart of romaine in half lengthwise so that the root keeps each piece together. Place on a plate cut side up. Dress each half with: olive oil, salt, pepper and cheese.
- Place on pre-heated grill, on medium-high heat, cut side up. Grill until cheese begings to melt, turn over.
- At this point you may want to give lettuce an additional splash of olive oil. Continue to grill for approximately 3 minutes.
- Remove to serving plate, cut side up. Once again before serving give lettuce an additional splash of oil.
- This dish is especially attractive and delicious if served with a drizzle of il Fustino Balsamic vinegar.