Author: Jim Kirkley
An easy and heathy way to serve fish. You can use canned tomatoes instead of fresh. Serve with rice or pasta.
Serve with sauted spinach with garlic.
1 tablespoon, il Fustino Arbequina EVOO
2 medium, cod fillets
1 small, onion – diced
1/2 cup, white wine
2 cans, diced tomato
1/2 cup, pitted black olives – halved
2 tablespoons, capers
1/4 teaspoon, red pepper flakes – optional
Salt and pepper
- Heat oven to 250 degrees.
- If frozen, thaw fish and allow to reach room temperature. Pat dry with paper towels. Lightly salt both sides and let rest for 20 minutes.
- Heat olive oil in a non-stick skillet; add onion and saute for 2 minutes. Add crushed red pepper (if using) and saute for 30 seconds. Add the wine and cook until reduced by half, about 2 minutes. Add the tomatoes, olives and capers and cook for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Spoon half the sauce into a oven safe baking pan and spread evenly over the bottom. Lay the fish skin side down. Top with the remaining sauce.
- Place in oven for 20 minutes. Serve immediately by carefully lifting out fish with two spatulas. Spoon sauce over fish.