Author: Jody and Laura Kirkley
We made this recipe up and had it the last day of 2014 for dinner. It was so good we wanted to share it with you.
1 pound, left-over rotisserie chicken – skin and bones removed and torn into bite-sized chunks
1 pound, Trofie pasta (use bow-tie pasta if you can’t find Trofie) – cooked al dente in boiling salted water
3 tablespoons, il Fustino Arbequina EVOO
3 tablespoons, unsalted butter
10 medium, Crimini mushrooms – sliced 1/4-inch thick
2 bulbs, fennel – cored and sliced very thin
1 box, frozen peas – thawed and drained
4 cloves, garlic – finely chopped
1 cup, white wine
1 cup, chicken stock
1/4 cup, fresh italian parsley – coarsely chopped
salt and pepper
parmesan cheese – shaved, for garnish
- In a large non-stick saute pan, over medium-high heat, melt butter and add olive oil.
- Stir in fennel and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add mushrooms continue to cook until slightly browned. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add chicken, peas, white wine and reduce until wine is almost gone.
- Add chicken stock and cook for 5 minutes.
- Drain pasta.
- Add pasta to chicken mixture. Add parsley. Toss to combine. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve garnished with shaved parmesan cheese and an additional grind or two of black pepper.